Cuba’s Tourism 2020
Back then, people were asking us if we were worried about how improved relations with Cuba would affect tourism in the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Back in 2016, we wrote: “One look at the dazzling bays and beaches of St. Thomas, St. John and St. Croix should put any such fears to bed.”
We hate to say we told you so, but . . .
Yes, we know that Cuba has vintage cars and nice beaches, but do you know what you have to do to travel to Cuba?
Here are the steps you need to take to travel to Cuba:
- Get a valid passport.
- Declare a “valid travel category” before you leave.
- Get a Cuban Tourist Card.
- Get Cuban Health Insurance.
- Do not purchase anything from restricted Cuban businesses.
- Keep your receipts from your travels to Cuba for five years.
Do you think we are kidding? Google it yourself.
Here are steps you need to take to travel to St. Thomas, St. John, or St. Croix.
- You don’t even need a passport if you are a U.S. Citizen. Just get on a plane, dude.