When it comes to idyllic Caribbean destinations, St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands is a true gem. With its pristine turquoise waters, white sandy beaches, and lush green landscapes, it’s a paradise that beckons adventurers and relaxation seekers alike. One of the best ways to explore this Caribbean paradise is by chartering a boat, allowing you to discover hidden coves, secluded beaches, and breathtaking snorkeling spots. In this blog, we’ll take you on a journey to the top 10 beaches to visit in St. Thomas on a boat charter, ensuring you have an unforgettable experience during your stay in St Thomas or St John.
- Magens Bay Beach:
Magens Bay Beach is often hailed as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and it’s easy to see why. Its mile-long stretch of soft white sand, crystal-clear waters, and lush surrounding hills make it an irresistible destination. Situated on the north shore of St Thomas, this always calm bay allows you to enjoy swimming, snorkeling, or simply basking in the sun while savoring the stunning views.
- Lindquist Beach:
- For those seeking a quieter beach experience, Lindquist Beach, also known as Smith Bay Park, is a hidden gem. This secluded beach offers powdery white sand, calm turquoise waters, and shaded picnic areas. It’s an excellent spot to relax, swim, and explore underwater wonders, including vibrant coral reefs teeming with marine life. Like Magens Bay, Lindquist Beach is protected by a swim zone, which allows boaters to get close to the shore while respecting the coastline and land-based swimmers.
- Coki Beach:
- Located on the northeastern coast of St. Thomas, Coki Beach is a vibrant and lively destination. Its crystal-clear waters are perfect for snorkeling, allowing you to witness an abundance of colorful fish and even spot sea turtles. With Coral World right next door, the sea life here is teeming. After a refreshing swim, you can unwind at one of the beachside bars and indulge in delicious local cuisine. This beach is highly regarded as one of the best local experiences on St Thomas.
- Secret Harbor:
- True to its name, Secret Harbor is a secluded beach that offers a tranquil escape from the crowds. With its calm and pristine waters, it’s ideal for swimming, kayaking, and paddleboarding. The beach is also home to a reef that’s perfect for snorkeling, where you can marvel at the underwater beauty of St. Thomas. This is a must-visit with small kids, as the beach is always calm, and the surf is gentle for children of all ages.
- Sapphire Beach:
- Sapphire Beach is renowned for its white sand beach. With excellent visibility and a wide variety of marine life, it’s a must-visit spot for underwater enthusiasts. The beach itself is a picturesque setting, with powdery sand, swaying palm trees, and stunning views of the surrounding islands.
- Morningstar Beach:
- Situated near the Marriott Frenchman’s Reef Resort, Morningstar Beach is a popular destination for both locals and visitors. The soft sand, calm waters, and convenient amenities make it an excellent choice for families. You can rent water sports equipment at the newly opened Buoy Haus Hotel, enjoy beachside dining, or simply relax and soak up the Caribbean sunshine.
- Hull Bay:
- Hull Bay is a serene and unspoiled beach, offering a more rugged and off-the-beaten-path experience. Surrounded by lush green hills, the beach is known for its excellent surfing conditions. If you’re not a surfer, you can still enjoy the beauty of the beach by strolling along the shoreline or having a picnic in the shade.
- Brewers Bay:
- Nestled on the northwestern coast of St. Thomas, Brewers Bay is a serene and unspoiled beach. Its calm waters make it an excellent spot for swimming and snorkeling, while its untouched beauty offers a peaceful retreat. The absence of commercial development enhances the natural allure of the beach, making it a favorite among nature lovers.
Exploring the breathtaking beaches of St. Thomas on a boat charter is a dream come true for beach lovers and adventure seekers. From the world-renowned Magens Bay to hidden gems like Lindquist Beach and Secret Harbor, each destination offers its unique charm and beauty. Whether you seek vibrant marine life, secluded hideaways, or lively beach scenes, St. Thomas has it all. So, set sail, drop anchor, and immerse yourself in the tropical paradise of St. Thomas—a truly unforgettable experience awaits you.