A trip to the Virgin Islands is unlike any other vacation out there. Where else can you island hop to your heart’s content, feeding your travel wanderlust with endless adventures?
Wondering what to do in this Caribbean dream world? Here are 17 suggestions to help get you started:
- Take a boat charter to Watermelon Cay and spend a leisurely day exploring the superb underwater marine life. Ask your native boat captain to take you to other great snorkeling coves along the way, and get expert local advice depending on the season and what the water is doing.
- Get some sun on Honeymoon Bay Beach, hike the trail, and then finish off with a refreshing swim.
- Enjoy dinner at Ocean 362, the restaurant with a delightful ambiance, stunning ocean views, and superb, artistically presented food. Then head up to the rooftop bar for after-dinner cocktails.
- Spend some time relaxing on the beautiful, must-see beach at Magen’s Bay. Take a dip in the water and look for sea turtles around the kelp. The nearby restrooms and snack shack make it easy to laze away an entire day at Magen’s.
- Explore the coral canyons of Sapphire Beach, St. Thomas. Then grab drinks and burgers at the bar. Or take your pick of any of the restaurants the nearby Red Hook has to offer.
- Have a picnic on the beach at Trunk Bay, a must-see beach of St. John.
- Rent a private boat for a day and enjoy drinks and anything else you request. Plus, enjoy a freshwater shower for cleaning off the sun, salt, and sunscreen after a long day in the heat.
- Go on a fishing expedition and try your luck at catching Mahi-Mahi, Wahoo, Marlin, Kingfish, and more.
- Enjoy rich nightlife and entertainment at the many bars and restaurants in Charlotte Amalie waterfront or Red Hook.
- Take a boat to the laid-back ABI Beach Bar and spend the day playing beach games like cornhole and volleyball.
- Feast on a romantic fresh seafood dinner overlooking panoramic views of Charlotte Amalie and the beautiful harbor at Mafolie Restaurant.
- Go shopping in Charlotte Amalie. The many boutiques, shops, and fantastic bargains make Charlotte Amalie a shopper’s dream.
- Dine on delicious coconut shrimp and crab cakes at Cruz Bay Landing.
- Take a sunset stroll down the beach at Maho Bay, St. John.
- Gaze at sailboats bobbing in Cruz Bay, St. John. (And grab an astonishing picture while you’re at it!)
- Relax and devour an entire novel in the natural shade at Secret Harbour.
- Enjoy a Grouper Reuben at Miss Lucy’s Caribbean restaurant in Coral Bay, St. John. and take in the open, exhilarating views of the bay.